Wheat, Gluten, Dairy and Sugar FREE Chocolate Cake
Makes: 10 slices
150 grams ground almonds
150 millilitres virgin olive oil
50 grams coco powder
200 grams Xylitol
125 millilitres boiling water
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1) Preheat oven to 170 degrees C / gas mark 3. Oil 12inch springform tin with a small amount of your oil olive. Measure out your ingredients.
2) Sift coco powder into bowl with your boiling water. Add vanilla extract then leave to cool.
3) In a separate bowl mix ground almonds with bicarbonate of soda and add a pinch of salt.
4) Add xylitol, olive oil and eggs to this second mix. Whisk well.
5) Slowly mix first bowl of mix into second bowl of mix. Stir well until dark and chocolaty.
6) Scrape contents of bowl into greased cake tin. Add to oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check cake by putting a spike down through centre of the cake and bake until spike is clean with no gooey mixture attached to it.
7) Leave to cool for 15 minutes before decorating with your preferred choice of nuts, fruit and flowers.
*NOT suitable for Vegans or those with a nut allergy*
*SAFE for Diabetics*
*Xylitol can act as a laxative if consumed in large amounts*